WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: https://www.affexcel.com.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
At Affexcel, we believe strongly in fundamental privacy rights — and that those fundamental rights should not differ depending on where you live in the world. That’s why we treat any data that relates to an identified or identifiable individual or that is linked or linkable to them by Affexcel as “personal data,” no matter where the individual lives. This means that data that directly identifies you — such as your name — is personal data, and also data that does not directly identify you, but that can reasonably be used to identify you — such as the license key of your product/project — is personal data.
At Affexcel, we respect your ability to know, access, correct, transfer, restrict the processing of, and delete your personal data. We have provided these rights to our global customer base and if you choose to exercise these privacy rights, you have the right not to be treated in a discriminatory way nor to receive a lesser degree of service from Affexcel. Affexcel does not sell your data including as “sale” is defined in India.
To exercise your privacy rights and choices, contact our support team at affexcel.com/in/contact for Affexcel. To help protect the security of your personal data, you must sign in to your account and your identity will be verified. If the Privacy Portal is not available in your region, you can make privacy rights requests at affexcel.com/in/contact.
There may be situations where we cannot grant your request — for example, if you ask us to delete your transaction data and Affexcel is legally obligated to keep a record of that transaction to comply with law. We may also decline to grant a request where doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes, such as when you request deletion of an account that is being investigated for security concerns. Other reasons your privacy request may be denied are if it jeopardizes the privacy of others, is frivolous or vexatious, or would be extremely impractical.
At Affexcel, we believe that you can have great products and great privacy. This means that we strive to collect only the personal data that we need. The personal data Affexcel collects depends on how you interact with Affexcel.
When you create an Affexcel ID, apply for commercial credit, purchase and/or activate a product or service, download a software update, register for a class at an Affexcel Store, connect to our services, contact us (including by social media), participate in an online survey, or otherwise interact with Affexcel, we may collect a variety of information, including:
- Account Information. Your Affexcel ID and related account details, including email address, devices registered, account status, and age.
- Contact Information. Data such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, or other contact information.
- Payment Information. Data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit, or other payment card information.
- Transaction Information. Data about purchases of Affexcel products and services or transactions facilitated by Affexcel, including purchases on Affexcel platforms.
- Fraud Prevention Information. Data used to help identify and prevent fraud, including a device trust score.
- Usage Data. Data about your activity on and use of our offerings, such as app launches within our services, including browsing history; search history; product interaction; crash data, performance and other diagnostic data; and other usage data.
- Location Information. Precise location only to support Find My, and coarse location.
- Financial Information. Details including salary, income, and assets information where collected, and information related to Affexcel-branded financial offerings.
- Government ID Data. In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government-issued ID in limited circumstances, including when setting up a wireless account and activating your device, for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing reservations, or as required by law.
- Other Information You Provide to Us. Details such as the content of your communications with Affexcel, including interactions with customer support and contacts through social media channels.
Affexcel may receive personal data about you from other individuals, from businesses or third parties acting at your direction, from our partners who work with us to provide our products and services and assist us in security and fraud prevention, and from other lawful sources.
- Individuals. Affexcel may collect data about you from other individuals — for example, if that individual has sent you a product or gift card, invited you to participate in an Affexcel service or forum, or shared content with you.
- At Your Direction. You may direct other individuals or third parties to share data with Affexcel. For example, you may direct your mobile carrier to share data about your carrier account with Affexcel for account activation, or for your loyalty program to share information about your participation so that you can earn rewards for Affexcel purchases.
- Affexcel Partners. We may also validate the information you provide — for example, when creating an Affexcel ID, with a third party for security, and for fraud-prevention purposes.
Affexcel uses personal data to power our services, to process your transactions, to communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also use personal data for other purposes with your consent.
- Power Our Services. Affexcel collects personal data necessary to power our services, which may include personal data collected to personalize or improve our offerings, for internal purposes such as auditing or data analysis, or for troubleshooting. For example, if you would like to access a song through an Affexcel Music subscription, we collect data on what songs you play in order to provide you with the content requested and for royalty purposes.
- Process Your Transactions. To process transactions, Affexcel must collect data such as your name, purchase, and payment information.
- Communicate with You. To respond to communications, reach out to you about your transactions or account, market our products and services, provide other relevant information, or request information or feedback. From time to time, we may use your personal data to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Affexcel, you may not opt out of receiving these important notices.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. To protect individuals, employees, and Affexcel and for loss prevention and to prevent fraud, including to protect individuals, employees, and Affexcel for the benefit of all our users, and prescreening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content.
Affexcel may share personal data with service providers who act on our behalf, our partners, or others at your direction. Further, Affexcel does not share personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Partners. At times, Affexcel may partner with third parties to provide services or other offerings. For example, Affexcel financial offerings like Affexcel Card and Affexcel Cash are offered by Affexcel and our partners. Affexcel requires its partners to protect your personal data.
- Others. Affexcel may share personal data with others at your direction or with your consent, such as when we share information with your carrier to activate your account. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our operations or users, or in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale.
At Affexcel, we believe that great privacy rests on great security. We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the processing, and the threats posed. We are constantly working to improve on these safeguards to help keep your personal data secure.
Affexcel’s websites, online services, interactive applications, email messages, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us to better understand user behavior including for security and fraud prevention purposes, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
- Communications Cookies. These cookies are used to enable network traffic to and from Affexcel’s systems, including by helping us detect any errors.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are set as required to provide a specific feature or service that you have accessed or requested. For example, they allow us to display our websites in the proper format and language, to authenticate and verify your transactions, and to preserve the contents of your Bag when shopping online at Affexcel.com.
- Other Cookies. These cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with our websites and online services, including by helping us to assess the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. Affexcel also uses these cookies to remember choices you make while browsing, so we can provide you with a customized experience.
Affexcel products and offerings connect you to the world. To make that possible, your personal data may be transferred to or accessed by entities around the world. Affexcel complies with laws on the transfer of personal data between countries to help ensure your data is protected, wherever it may be.
The Affexcel entity that controls your personal data may differ depending on where you live.
To make sure your personal data is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Affexcel employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Affexcel takes your privacy questions seriously. A dedicated team reviews your inquiry to determine how best to respond to your question or concern, including those inquiries received in response to an access or download request. In most cases, all substantive contacts receive a response within seven days. In other cases, we may require additional information or let you know that we need more time to respond.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues, we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person, we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.